Shiatsu Massage – Traverse city
Massage is something that is enjoyed by people of all ages and genders. Massage can help you relax and relieve pain & tension. One of the more popular types of massage is the Shiatsu Massage
Shiatsu involves breathing, focus, and interaction with the therapist. The therapist uses thumbs, palms of hands, elbows and knees. The idea is to work towards a common goal of achieving balance through acupressure, stretching, resistance and working along medians and meridians in the body. It is important to use your body, in harmony with the therapist.
Four main functions of massage are:
- Create a state of relaxation.
- Increase circulation throughout the body, including muscles and internal organs and promoting flexibility of joints.
- To regulate proper nerve function through the central nervous system and autonomic nervous system.
- Strengthen the body’s ability to resist disease.
How Shiatsu may be beneficial for you:
- Illnesses and not feeling well – Both physical and mental imbalance is not the way our body is supposed to function. Shiatsu massage is very helpful in maintaining a balanced state of the body, through acupressure and trigger points.
- Skin – Shiatsu massage stimulates the circulation in the capillaries of your skin which can give you a healthy glow.
- Muscle Pain and Rheumatoid Arthritis – Having a Shiatsu massage can help alleviate symptoms associated with arthritis. Rheumatoid Arthritis causes the tissue and joints linings of the body to be chronically inflamed. Shiatsu massage can help reduce inflammation and pain. It is a safe and effective therapy that can also help with improving muscular health in the body by increasing flexibility and aiding in the process of removing toxins from the muscles.
- Migraine Headaches – Northern Michigan is much less stressful than larger metropolitan cities and the air quality is much better. Traverse City residents still suffer from headaches and migraines, mostly due to allergies and sinus symptoms which Shiatsu massage may alleviate some of those symptoms.
- Circulatory and Digestive System – It has also been found that Shiatsu massages help with the digestive system and circulation. Massages help improve overall circulation as well as cellular nutrition through the body. This massage also benefits an individual’s digestive system because it allows for easier digestion and helps eliminate waste and toxins. Having Shiatsu on a regular basis can very well regulate the circulatory and digestive systems.
- Pregnancy and Ovulation – Shiatsu massage has been used for many years to help women through their menstrual cycles by alleviating symptoms like cramps and depression. This is also very beneficial massage during pregnancy. Since Shiatsu massage incorporates trigger point therapy, this can also help women find relief with “Hot Flashes”.
It is plain to see that there are many great benefits to having shiatsu massage, especially on a regular basis. If you are interested in trying a shiatsu massage, visit us in Traverse City, where we are fully trained and experienced in Shiatsu massage techniques.
To schedule a Traverse City deep tissue massage call 231-922-8100 or schedule your Traverse City massage online.
3337 South Airport Road W. Ste 3 | Traverse City, MI 49684