Skip the Lift –Boost Collagen with Massage
If going under the knife doesn’t appeal to you as a means to defy the effects of aging, consider the natural benefits of massage.
Regular massage offers completely natural benefits that help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and offer other health benefits as well.
Real impact on well-being
Scientific studies have proven that massage benefits include improved circulation, reduction of harmful waste left in muscles such as lactic and uric acids, and increases oxygen supply to tissues.
Boost collagen naturally
Collagen is the protein in your skin that is responsible for providing elasticity and strength. For anyone who wants to stay youthful and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging, you need to boost your body’s supply of collagen as it begins to decrease as you get older.
A healthy diet that is rich in Vitamins C and E as well as the healthy omegas will improve how your body produces collagen. Massage is also beneficial because it exfoliates dead skin cells, which allows healthy new cell growth that will reduce the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles. Improved circulation, another benefit of massage, will keep essential nutrients flowing through the blood and help to boost production of collagen.
The fountain of youth through touch
Consider all the ways that massage can improve the appearance of your skin without surgery. Massage is a non-invasive way to:
- Naturally improve the delivery of nutrients to skin cells
- Offset wrinkles caused by tension as it reduces tightness in muscles, giving you a more relaxed appearance
- Detoxifying the body as improved blood circulation more effectively eliminates toxins and waste
- Improve drainage of the lymphatic system, which is believed to improve your immunity – and improved immunity may combat auto-immune conditions such as Rosacea or Psoriasis
- Gentle facial massage often reduces wrinkles, puffiness and even discoloration under the eyes
- Massage of the facial muscles will help to tighten, naturally improving skin elasticity and tone; this in turn helps with complexion by refining the pores
- Through massage the top layer of dead skin cells with be gently shed, which will make your skin feel and look better
- Regular massage and boosted circulation when combined with a detoxifying diet is believed to help reduce and even eliminate cellulite over time
Additionally, because massage is calming and revitalizing you usually feel more alert and your rejuvenated skin has a healthy glow.
For an all-natural approach to looking and feeling healthy and young, book massage with the specialists at Discover Massage in Traverse City, MI. We are the only all-natural massage therapy clinic in the Traverse City area and are pleased to offer not only the latest in techniques and services but also a line of all-natural organic aromatherapy oils.